I got my MA70 speedo cable, clutch safety switch, and driver's side interior installed/put back together
right now my problem is this:
Went to CAP (woodfin) and pulled the windshield trim (for Mitchell), both seats, and thermostat housing off of the MA60.
Supra seats don't fit, rails are wrong.
I finished my EGR removal today. Fabbed block-off plates and gaskets, blocked off vacuum lines, etc
Picked up the hoist from a friend's place and removed the motor from the stand.
New rear main seal
Starting to get parts in the pipeline for a brake system refresh.
It has hubbed front brakes and rear drums, so none of it will be easy or
simple to do. Here's a pic of how old school Toyota front hubs work
I got reimbursed for my flywheel by the Fredericksburg dude, and have a
proper flywheel from a manual MX73 Cressida coming from from a yard in
King George on Tuesday. I also got all my front hub
bearings/seals/washers, as well as the rear drums.
Flywheel came in today, and it's in the machine shop. They said it would be done in a day or two.
I also got the rest of my brake stuff. Bearings, seals, pins, washers,
pads, rotors, shoes, drums, cylinders, axle seals, diff
seals.....everything is here and ready. I'm just waiting to have the
engine in before I do that stuff for some reason.
Made this while I've been waiting for the flywheel. I used parts from a
MX73 Cressida, Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon, and Volvo 240 wagon to make it.
LOTS of custom hand-clicked pixel by pixel.
Flywheel fits, clutch bolted on easy, transmission mated no problem
Also, the speedo cable drive is on the opposite side with this trans, so
the speedo cable will be RIGHT next to the exhaust. I may have to get
some heat wrap for the cable and/or wrap the exhaust there.
Last night I got the transmission bolted in (3 out of 4 bolts ain't
bad) and the interior is all back together except for the shifter,
which is waiting on the rear end rebuild before I can put the driveshaft
in to keep trans oil from coming out the back.
Went to the DMV today and got it all registered and titled and
whatnot. I then came home and fell asleep so I only worked on the car
for like an hour and a half today, but I did get one front hub all
While I was in there, I noticed that the hardline-to-softline brake
fitting is pretty much fused and will likely need to be cut off, which
mean I'll need to either re-flair the existing hardline with a new
fitting or replace the hardline altogether. I also noticed that the left
steering rack boot is torn, and I have one coming in on Monday from Bap
Geon. Monday at work I will need to order caliper pin boot things as
well since these are toast. Tomorrow I'm going to go by Wal-Mart and get
their cheap-o oil for the first start up, as well as stopping by
Advance Auto and grabbing a battery and some axle/bearing grease so I can reassemble
what I took apart today. Hopefully I can get both front hubs
rebuilt/rotors replaced tomorrow as well as make some progress on
re-sealing the rear axle/diff and replacing the rear brakes.